Friday, December 9, 2011

Tone

One day, while feeling optimistic, I went to school. I passed my classes with flying colors and while feeling good because of my outstanding performances in my classes. One empathetic student asked for help on his homework and I had a defiant attitude, so I gladly helped. He was conceited and failing in class, but we worked together and things turned out perfectly!
My anxiety of the pop quiz is great, but I am confident that I can pass. I forlorn that it is difficult and quickly started my quiz. When I finished my quiz, I felt a little nervous for the first time in years. I stuttered while condescendingly telling my peers that it was too easy. I was kept awake by my stress of failing my pop quiz.

1 comment:

  1. Charles,
    It started out as an optimistic tone. Words like "flying colors," "feeling good," and "outstanding" convey that optimism. However, using words like "empathetic," "anxiety," and "forlorn" counter that tone to create a more anxious somewhat pessimistic tone.
    Ms. Leak

    ReplyDelete