Monday, December 19, 2011

Personal Legends


Chas Griffiths                                                                                                                                                     12/19/11
                                                Personal Legends
                                               

Students in this school should follow their personal legends. Personal legends will allow students to look forward to their futures and plan ahead on what they want to do with their lives, and they should follow them so they can complete one of the things they want to do with their lives. Personal legends will allow students to learn more about their destiny, and so they can fulfill them.
What is a personal legend? Is it a dream? Is it destiny? I’m going to explain it to you. A personal legend is a destiny that you can dream of, and you want it to happen sometime during your life, but it doesn’t have to be a dream. The difference between a dream and a personal legend is that in a dream, you want it to happen, even if it’s not possible to happen in real life, kind of like things in a fairy tale. A personal legend, on the other hand, you want it to happen someday, and you might not be able to make it happen during your life, but you feel accomplished when you complete it. Anybody can have a personal legend, and they can have it during anytime in their lives.
What’s my personal legend? Well, if you must know, my personal legend is to go to college and find out what I want to do from there.
My first step in attaining my personal legend is to graduate from high school so I can actually go to college. I need to study harder than I’ve ever had, and to complete and hand in all of my homework. I need to maintain my grades, which will allow me to pass high school. I will need to learn more during high school so I can be prepared for college. Finally, I will use that knowledge from high school to use in college.
My second step in attaining my personal legend is to find which college will be the best for me. If I did great in high school, then I won’t have as much problems when trying to find a great college. If I didn’t do too well in high school, then it will be even harder to find a college that will accept me. That’s why grades are important for my future. When I finally find the college that is great for me, I can focus on college itself.
My third step in attaining my personal legend is to learn more in college. I will be learning more intense lessons, so I need to pay my fullest attention in classes. When I complete my homework and my projects, etc., I will probably find out what I want to do, and figure something out. After all of my work is done in class, I can use my brooder knowledge to help myself even more in my everyday life. When I get to know more about college, my final task is to complete college.
My fourth and final step in attaining my personal legend is to graduate from college. With all of my knowledge, which I will hopefully have, I will graduate with no problems, and I will get a great job. My long, tedious, work in college I can finally put to use in the rest of my life. I can start a family, and live the rest of my life after all of the education I’ve gained. It will be one of the best days of my life.
Even with trying to attain my personal legend, there may be warnings during my life.
The first possible obstacle in attaining my personal legend is failing high school. If I fail high school, I will never be able to go to college in my life, ruining my chances of accomplishing my personal legend. I have to really pay attention in high school, because it will affect my future. I don’t know if there will be anyway to get the chance to complete high school if I fail it, and if any college will accept me. My only safe option is too do my fullest and get outstanding grades.
The second possible obstacle in attaining my personal legend is also failing college. The difference between high school and college is it’s harder, and it’s more distracting than high school. It will be tougher, but it should pay off in the long run. If I can just follow what I did in high school but with more work, then it shouldn’t be that hard to graduate from college. If I fail college, than I shouldn’t even try to accomplish my personal legend anymore.
Advice is really helpful for people attaining their personal legends.
My first piece of advice is to stay in school. It’s important to get your education so you can learn about your personal legend in the first place. It will help you learn more knowledge in the long run. When you stay in school, you’ll be able to get some of better jobs available. If you want to, you can also go to college, which is always a great option.
My second piece of advice is to keep your grades up. It is also important to get good grades so you can pass high school and get an education for your future. I know your thinking that I’m only thinking about education, but it’s the easiest and fastest way for a better future. When you get great grades, your parents will be proud and so will you. Besides that, just do your best and work harder, things should work out.
Some examples from the book, The Alchemist, will support my argument.
My first example is when Santiago accomplished his personal legend, he found gold and treasures and other riches. The reason he found his riches was because he followed his personal legend. That shows when you follow your personal legend and try your best in doing it, you will attain it. Everyone can attain their personal legend, they just have to try their best, their hardest and be determined.
My second example is when Santiago was working for the crystal merchant. The crystal merchant didn’t fulfill his personal legend, because he couldn’t trust anyone to look after his shop. He missed his chance to go to Mecca, so he didn’t accomplish his personal legend. He didn’t want Santiago to lose his chance of attaining his personal legend, and that was part of the reason why Santiago left him. It’s important to attain your personal legend, and you should at least try to attain it sometime in your life. You might lose the only chance in your life to accomplish it, because your personal legend is important.
Finally, my personal experience I’ve had so far regarding my personal legend.
I’ve been doing ok in school. There are some subjects that I’m struggling with. I need to work harder and to get all my homework completed on time. I’ll try my best to improve my grades and to graduate from high school. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get into college and I can start with a clean slate that I try my best from the beginning.
People should fulfill their personal legends; they can learn something new and helpful if they do. If they don’t follow their personal legends, they may never be happy with their life and they may regret not attaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment